Amberflo co-founder and CEO Puneet Gupta joined Dana Kohut from The Prime View to share why he feels like usage-based pricing will become the dominant pricing strategy across industries and domains.
The link to the interview is included here.
Other topics covered in the 40 minute discussion include:
- A discussion of the Amberflo launch on Product Hunt including the process, community reception, and key takeaways.
- An overview of what Amberflo is and how it is uniquely positioned with decoupled yet integrated Metering and Usage-Based Pricing/Billing services.
- A discussion of the pros and cons of building metering and usage-based billing in-house versus buying from a dedicated provider like Amberflo.
- Explaining why usage-based pricing is transformative to businesses and how it is on track to become the dominant pricing model not only in tech but across industries and domains.
- Discussion of the differences and similarities of operating usage-based businesses at small and large scale.
- Some of the ways that companies traditionally go wrong when approaching pricing.
- How Puneet’s experience at AWS influenced his attitude and approach towards usage-based pricing and building Amberflo with the co-founding team.
Feel free to reach out with questions or feedback on any topics covered in the interview.