We will share highlights and key points from our newsletters as blog updates. Sign up for our mailing list to receive the full newsletter and stay up-to-date with everything happening here at Amberflo.
Amberflo Metering Cloud
Monetize APIs, Platforms, Marketplaces, and more...
A fast and accurate, fully-managed, enterprise-grade Usage Metering Service. Single API to Instrument and Meter any resource in real time.
- Realtime Meter Events Aggregation - made easy!
We have further enhanced the meter definitions with specific use case examples for each meter type. These examples and definitions are intended to give users a clear idea of how each aggregation rule can be best leveraged for practical applications and use cases.
- Role-based Access Control (RBAC)
Amberflo offers role-based access as an option for customers to easily manage user permissions. We have created four roles, with the administrator having the ability to change a user's role and permissions. The roles include:
- Administrator - This role has unrestricted read and write access to both the Billing and Metering services. This means they can create any meters or billing object (Promotions, Plans, Price Models, etc.), and see any usage, invoice, and revenue data. The administrator can also add additional users to an account and manage user roles.
- Analyst - This role has read-only access to usage and revenue data in Amberflo. This role can also create custom usage queries and shareable custom reports from either Billing or Metering services.
- Developer - This role only has access to the Metering service. It can create meters and query usage data from the Metering service, but it does not have read or write access to the Billing service.
- Product Manager - This role has unrestricted read and write access to the Billing service, and read-only access to the Metering service (can view any data in both services, and can create any object in Billing service).
Amberflo Billing Cloud
Real-time, on-demand Usage-Based Metered Pricing and Billing
Delight customers with flexible Usage-Based Pricing (UBP) and drive highest levels of revenue and product adoption.
- Commitments as a pricing structure with “true-up” capability
Amberflo now offers built-in support for commitments (where a customer commits to spend a certain amount or commits to a contract over a given length of time). Users can now configure the length of the commitment and whether or not to toggle the "true-up" capability. This is where Amberflo automatically compares the actual spend with the committed amount and bills the customer for this difference before the end of the commitment period (usually on the last invoice, but this is configurable). This is in addition to the Prepaid Credits feature.
- Advanced, Tiered Promotions
Amberflo allows users to create tiered promotions, similar to the tiered pricing model. Users can create variable discount amounts based on usage; for example, one could create a promotion that offers $10 off the invoice amount for the first $50 spent, then increases to offer $25 off the first $100.
Tiered promotions can be offered as a specific discount ($X off the invoice amount) or as a percentage discount (take X% off the invoice amount).